Center for Education and Development (CED) is a dynamic group of experienced scientists, training specialists, educators, and development specialists, committed to education and development causes in Vietnam. The group has worked together for many years to conduct research and create and implement programs in education, training, and development to serve the needs of a rapidly developing Vietnam. With projects in two interrelated, mutually reinforcing program areas, Education and Development, CED works to develop innovative solutions and initiatives with a wide range of partners in the public and private sectors in Vietnam.
Supporting education and creating development initiatives for a stronger Vietnam and a better world.
Collaboration: We work in partnership with a wide array of individuals and organizations to accomplish our agreed-upon goals.
Commitment: We are dedicated to supporting education and creating development initiatives through strong community involvement.
Accountability: We acknowledge our obligations. We deliver on our promises.
Respect: We expect the same high quality of effort and thought from ourselves as we do from others.
Inclusivity: We value and seek input from as wide a spectrum of viewpoints and experiences as possible.
Integrity: We act consistently with our beliefs and commitment.
The Center for Education and Development engages trusted partners in collaboration with in-house staff to leverage knowledge and insights gained through previous efforts, avoiding duplication and building on lessons learned for a broader and more sustainable impact in the programs CED designs and supports. Specific approaches include leveraging existing resources, partnerships, and best practices; identifying and bridging critical gaps; strengthening coordination and capacity among relevant agencies to build local capacity; and implementing programs through a gender-sensitive approach.
Develop, test, and expand breakthrough solutions to the country’s toughest education and development challenges.
CED is developing and testing new ways of teaching and learning, as well as providing input and feedback for education reform in Vietnam. Specific activities include:
- Conducting research on progressive approaches in education and training from throughout the region and the world for adaptation to Vietnamese contexts.
- Developing and testing appropriate models to improve teaching and learning methodologies for both public and private institutions through active coordination and linkages.
- Developing hands-on science and skill-training programs for school and university students.
- Organizing exchanges and study tours for educators, school and university students at home and abroad.
- Partnering with governmental and non-governmental organizations in Vietnam and abroad to expand successfully tested good educational practices.
- Mobilizing resources and donations from different institutions, organizations, and businesses for the development and implementation of programs to improve the quality of human resources in Vietnam.
- Increasing parental involvement and community support in school activities and programs
- Engaging and empowering families and communities to advocate for all children
With a range of partners from the public, private, and non-profit sectors, CED designs and implements initiatives to deal with social and environmental issues affecting communities. CED’s programs focus on local governance, policy advocacy, promoting civil society participation, and sharing best practices to address issues such as biodiversity conservation, climate change, environmental management, disaster risk reduction, migration, and human trafficking. Through close linkage with CED’s expertise in education, many of the organization’s development programs include a strong education component, focused on creating sustainable impacts through giving communities the knowledge and training to create positive change.
CED also leverages its network of experts to offer consultancy services in assessment, research, and surveys for development initiatives led by other organizations.