Develop, test, and expand breakthrough solutions to the country’s toughest education and development challenges.
CED is developing and testing new ways of teaching and learning, as well as providing input and feedback for education reform in Vietnam. Specific activities include:
- Conducting research on progressive approaches in education and training from throughout the region and the world for adaptation to Vietnamese contexts.
- Developing and testing appropriate models to improve teaching and learning methodologies for both public and private institutions through active coordination and linkages.
- Developing hands-on science and skill-training programs for school and university students.
- Organizing exchanges and study tours for educators, school and university students at home and abroad.
- Partnering with governmental and non-governmental organizations in Vietnam and abroad to expand successfully tested good educational practices.
- Mobilizing resources and donations from different institutions, organizations, and businesses for the development and implementation of programs to improve the quality of human resources in Vietnam.
- Increasing parental involvement and community support in school activities and programs
- Engaging and empowering families and communities to advocate for all children
With a range of partners from the public, private, and non-profit sectors, CED designs and implements initiatives to deal with social and environmental issues affecting communities. CED’s programs focus on local governance, policy advocacy, promoting civil society participation, and sharing best practices to address issues such as biodiversity conservation, climate change, environmental management, disaster risk reduction, migration, and human trafficking. Through close linkage with CED’s expertise in education, many of the organization’s development programs include a strong education component, focused on creating sustainable impacts through giving communities the knowledge and training to create positive change.
CED also leverages its network of experts to offer consultancy services in assessment, research, and surveys for development initiatives led by other organizations.